Saturday, May 7, 2011

"You and I are just pawns on a chessboard"

Ah. I just watched House of Flying Daggers (Shi mian fai fu), and it's so beautiful I don't quite know what to do next. The costumes are wonderful, the actors good. But the whole visual impact, the aesthetics? I swear - I was squirming, clapping my hands, giggling, shouting, all because it looked to damn good. Hollywood, can you hear me out there? This is why you're just not all that amazing:


If you haven't seen it before: go, rent it, get your hands on it, just go. If you have seen it before; why the hell aren't you watching it again?

5 comments:

  1. Aaw<3 I've watched this a few times, it's so beautiful! My friend have heaps of this kind of movies -and we've watched them all and everytime I sit there wondering what is WRONG with the western world! I mean, it's so beautiful in every single way... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, now I will be the one person who comes into your comment field and kind of ruins it for you. I watched it. I thought the visual effects were absolutely stunning. Yet... I still can not wrap my head around movies and put them in my toplist if they are based on a different time/setting than something I can relate to personally. It was beautiful, but so far from me and my reality, and I couldn't get lost in it. I's a flaw, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NÉA: Oooh, envy; wish I had lots of movies like this one. And, ah, I know, it's just soo.. pretty. (Haha, I would make a lousy movie critic. "I give this movie ten out of ten stars. Cuz it's pwetty!")

    Kristine: Jessss :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sushibird: Oh, that's it. I done you and your blog! Haha, ah, nah. It's funny though, because the main reason why I got so excited about it, was the visual impact. Sure, I might've shed a tear or two at the end, but mostly I was just sad beacuse the neverending feast of eye candy had actually ended. Guess it show's how minds work differently; you need to relate to really like a movie, I, (feel highly superficial about saying this,) just love to watch, and get lost in the aesthetics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...