Saturday, March 3, 2012

The week that disappeared


Spices for sale, close to The al-Azhar Mosque. I didn't buy anything, but stood there for a while, mesmerized by the colors and the smells.


The streets in the older parts of Cairo are absolutely beautiful, with old buildings and mosques at your left and right. Feels like you've traveled back in time.


One of the few fruits I know how to talk about in Arabic - bananas and oranges! ("Maoz" and "borto'an".)

These young girls approached me, and wondered if I could take a picture of them. I agreed, and as I told them they looked beautiful in Arabic, they giggled as they walked away.

The previous week has gone by without me even noticing. Arabic homework, a fantastic birthday party, a trip to Alexandria (greeted by all the wind and waves the Mediterranean Sea could conjure in honor of our visit.) And poof - the week was over. "Busy" doesn't quite sum up my day, but it's a good start. As a result of this, I'll just treat you with a bunch of pictures from the last week. Fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Det er så gøy å lese bloggen din! Spennende hverdag indeed. Nydelige bilder!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...