Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthday time!

 
I'm old! Or, well. I'm older. Yesterday was my birthday, a day filled with pyramids, red wine, the former prime minister of Norway and a speeding taxi on the highway in Cairo. Quite the combination, huh? Other than that, I'm preparing for a busy time ahead. Mid-terms are coming up, and I'm lost in a sea of development theories and Arabic, feminism and studies of Islam. 

The whole concept of mid-terms is not something I've encountered on my home university back in Norway, so I'm somewhat confused about what I'm expected to know, to do and to understand by now. But as I realized the other day, my goal this semester has sort of changed from "I'm going to do this, and I'll do it well!" to "I'm just going to do this!". Do I mind? Nah. I'm in Egypt for God's sake. Living in Cairo. That's enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love development theories!:) I feel my whole university experience ended up at "I am going to do this" The world is a distracting place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...