Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cairo diary: 10/17

It strange how fast you can get used to living in a completely new environment. A new country, a new city; new smells and new sounds. Suddenly the alien is comfortingly familiar, and one day, you feel at home. The picture above shows my room here in Cairo - a room that's become my safe zone when the streets are too noisy and the books to academic. The walls are painted in a various selection of mint-inspired colors, and my bed looks like someone cut out the bedroom-section from a magazine in the 90s. A cheap 90s-magazine. Out on the streets I always hear the kids on the block laugh or sing, and every two hours there's someone shouting for a guy named Amr. Apparently, Amr is always lost. And always very, very popular.

This is where I live. And right now, this is home. It feels like home. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...