Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer strawberries

Summer, the real core of the summer time, begins when the Norwegian strawberries are not only edible, but also sweet and juicy. As they are now. The sun may scorch (but hah, since when was that a persisting thing in a Norwegian summer?), the grass might be green and the sky might be blue. But it's not quite there, not quite, until I've got strawberries in my hands, in my mouth, all over my face, everywhere. And now, now the summer's on for real.

So I'm going to pack up my backpack with books, strawberries and happiness, and head to a cabin in the forest for a few days. Fishing, swimming in the lake, generally loving life. I even envy myself a little bit right now. Hope you all have some wonderful days yourselves - go buy a basket of strawberries and smile a little, go, go, go!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...