Monday, July 4, 2011

Little moments


When I turn my head, you've fallen asleep. We were just resting for a while, listening to the whisper of the waves, the chanting of the gulls. Over our heads the sun was scorching, I think about sunscreen for a millisecond, but then I realize I don't give a damn. The air is humming with insects, with the scent of flowers and the occasional breeze that makes the heat bearable. No, scratch that. You make the heat bearable, we make it bearable. The dulled sound of waves lazily hitting the rocks makes it bearable. So I close my eyes and let the gentle unconsciousness of sleep take me away, while your head moves by the rhythm of my breath. You're resting your head on my stomach, I'm rested by the fact that you're with me, and I fall asleep.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...